Specialty Products: Front-Engine Bus Chassis
Spartan Chassis supplies conventional front-engine diesel chassis for use on Type C school buses in the United States and Canada.
Spartan’s purpose-built chassis design improves durability and extends the duty-cycle of the bus. In addition, each chassis features:
- 65/66 and 71/72 passenger capacity configurations
- 2010 EPA-Certified Cummins® ISB 6.7L diesel engine with horsepower offerings of 200, 220 and 250
- 2500 PTS automatic Allison transmission
- Up to 31,000 lbs. gross vehicle weight rating
- 254" or 276" wheelbase
- Up to 50-degree wheel cut
- Tilt/telescopic steering column
- 50,000 psi frame rail strength
- Five-year chassis and seven-year body warranties
- Authorized Service Network throughout the U.S. and Canada
Chassis are manufactured at the Spartan Chassis facility in Charlotte, Michigan and then shipped for body installation and completion. The buses are sold directly to dealers, school districts, and school bus contractors in the U.S. and Canada.