About Spartan Chassis: Company Snapshot
Spartan Chassis' beginnings date back to 1975 when the Diamond Reo Trucking Company of Michigan went bankrupt. A group of four young Diamond Reo engineers saw an opportunity to strike out on their own and continue doing what they loved to do—build trucks—and build them well. George Sztykiel, Bill Foster, Jerry Geary and John Knox sacrificed everything they could to establish Spartan Motors, Inc.; taking out second mortgages on their homes for capital and pinching every penny to make their endeavor successful.
Spartan Chassis is a world-class leader in the design, engineering and flexible production of chassis, specialty vehicles and aftermarket parts for the defense, emergency response and outdoor recreation/RV markets. End users of our products recognize – and request – the Spartan brand, which consistently delivers superior performance, exceptional safety ratings and technological innovations that distinguish us from our competitors.
Spartan is also dedicated to making sure its customers remain satisfied for life through specialized customer service, warranties for repairs and replacements, and training programs for vehicle operators, as well as mechanics and technicians.
Outdoor Recreation & RV
- Spartan Chassis sold its first custom diesel motorhome chassis in 1986.
- While Class A motorhome sales were down in 2005-2007, Spartan Chassis was able to gain additional market share during that time.
- The Company has pioneered a number of leading industry breakthroughs and creative chassis designs that resonate with customers.
Emergency Response Vehicles
- Spartan Chassis is the leading provider of custom chassis to non-vertically integrated fire truck manufacturers. In 2007, Spartan Chassis introduced its “Build What You Want” campaign to showcase how easy customization can be.
- Spartan Chassis has developed a unique custom ambulance chassis that debuted at the industry’s largest trade show in April 2007.
Defense & Government Vehicles
- Spartan’s success in the defense vehicle market is a tribute to our understanding of chassis and their role in heavy-duty vehicles—and to our ability to translate nearly four decades of expertise to respond to customer requirements quickly and reliably with quality products.
- Since 2005, Spartan has provided automotive integration, final assembly and paint, inspection and shipment of more than 30 variants of vehicles under the MRAP & ILAV Programs. Spartan continues to support the sustainment of these vehicles for America’s leading defense contractors.
- Spartan is known and has been publically recognized for its reliability, speed of manufacturing and effectively supporting customer needs related to spare parts and sustainment.